Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Thing 6
I already use podcasts to follow certain college coaches for basketball information. I also have downloaded some from itunes university that cover the environment, weather, and other things that interest me. I have downloaded others from NPR that deal with health and fitness. I can see myself sharing these with my fellow coaches and student/athletes through my blog or twitter.
I have viewed numerous youtube videos that show drills and skills for basketball. The ideas I get from these videos help keep my practices from becoming stale. The videos are actually taken from clinics and practices of major college programs. I really gain more from watching these than I do from attending clinics.
We plan to get the technology to organize videos so that we can email clips of individual players--that would allow for instance, our point guard to take a look at her game from her iphone while sitting on her couch. We would be able to get more individualized with our video sessions. Our men's staff already does this. We just need to get the technology. My assistant teaches video tech at the HS and she would be in charge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! What a great idea for sharing video with your players!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you've got a great handle on podcasts and video, and you were obviously able to embed. I, too, am constantly amazed at how much content is available out there in either podcast or video format. There's certainly a lot to explore professionally, and it's great when those tools can cascade over to the work we do with students, as in the example you gave of sharing video clips with students.
Great job! Thing 6 complete!