Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thing 4




Hi--sorry so late but the latest greatest technology is very primitive where my vacation has taken me. I was unable to create the flickr account due to my lack of a decent connection. This is a picture of my dog Buckeye with his favorite toy! He is an Australian Shepherd and he LOVES to play ball...I uploaded this photo from my camera. The picture of the basketball jersey at the bottom of this post is from imagechef.com. Pretty nifty site.
I do take many digital pictures on a very nice camera and most of them never leave the camera! It was interesting to find out that they can be stored in cyber space and shared with whoever. This will be great for our athletic blog--many times we will be at a competition and someone will have their camera and get all the historic shots. We all want copies and intentions are great but we never get the copy. I'd be interested to find out if all of us athletic folks could share photos on one site. Many parents enjoy games yet don't get to take pictures and would love to be able to get some. Or what may be "safer" would be for folks to email me photos and I upload the appropriate ones to our site.
Our photo guy has all of our pics online now and our kids are able to log in and purchase their picture packages. That is very cool! And it saves those who forgot their money!
As far as the creative sites go.....I can see my younger coaches jumping in and promoting games, events, etc. very well as they are really into the latest technology. I have learned some new stuff from them already.

Customized Basketball Jersey - ImageChef.com

1 comment:

  1. Great job with images! I like your idea of creating a Flickr account to share with students and parents. I would imagine that you could create a "Lady Tigers" account and then, as you suggested, have parents email you photos to post online. The only difficulty I've run into with posting online is double-checking on parental permissions to publish student photos, but most athletes' parents seem to be okay with that!

    The other great thing about Flickr, which you hinted at, is that your photos are stored online, so if you ever lose your computer, camera, memory card, flash drive, etc., you still have a place to keep them. I'm VERY obsessive about storing my pictures online for that very reason!

    Great thoughts! Hope the vacations is/was very relaxing! Thing 4 complete!

    ReplyDelete