Well--
"Thing 1" was "Miss Thang" if I may say. The first time I attempted to create the blog page I just breezed right through. Then when I closed everything out and tried to visit my newly created page I was taken to a page of some horseback riding expert. It even had a pink background and everyone knows that I do not like pink so I couldn't have done that. So I just started over and now here I am actually blogging away about nothing. Oh, fact is that I haven't gotten to ride my bike in 2 days so I am a little irritable--so much for Cyling Summer. But I bet it quits raining and starts droughting soon. Afterall, this is Central Texas.
I am excited about learning th 8 things and will soon have a blog page for LT Athletics.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha ha ha ha! I somehow ended up on the pink blog, too, and thought, "This can't be right!" Too funny. You seemed to have figured it out, though! :)
ReplyDeleteA blog for Athletics sounds like a great idea--what an easy and quick way to keep students and parents updated on what's going on and to showcase your girls' accomplishments! I'd like to hear more about some of the challenges you foresee as you begin such a blog.
Here are some examples of team athletics blogs for you to check out:
http://pahswolves.blogspot.com/
http://www.nh-highschoolsports.com/
What did you think of the "Blogs for Review" page (http://sisd8things.blogspot.com/2010/04/blogs-for-review.html)? I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on the various uses for the blogs you explored. Which of these blogs seems to "work," and which are less successful?
This is a great start! Let me hear more!
Oh yeah, I did get a little caught up in creating my page...just couldn't pass up the chance to express a little frustration with some fun.
ReplyDeleteI have an iPhone and use it a lot to view the internet and check on things that interest me - the common statement in the office is "there's an app for that". However, sitting at the computer keeping a blog up-to-date may be one of the tougher aspects of blogging for me. It would be nice if other coaches could help with keeping the blog updated. Would they need my sign-in or would they create their own on my page. Definitely something to explore.
As for the athletic blogs you've listed, I did check them out and it looks like they've been doing this for a while. I would like to keep our blog simple at first...just hope the parents and kids will view it. This may be an answer to my problem with kids informing their parents of game changes, departing times for tournaments, etc. I'm not sure about this twittering thing but I am interested in learning. Thanks for sending me some blog sites to view.